Kanotix Requests - Media Player Classic

trs12 - 06.07.2006, 02:13 Uhr
Titel: Media Player Classic
Media player classic would be nice to see ported. Smilie
hubi - 06.07.2006, 02:35 Uhr
Titel: Media Player Classic
trs12,

what are you missing?

WMPC is great in Windows but in Linux? Why? There are so many better players here.

hubi
trs12 - 06.07.2006, 22:26 Uhr
Titel: Thanks
I had no Idea there were any video players that were comparable for linux I'll have to check it out. Not saying I could make one that's better or anything.
mzilikazi - 06.07.2006, 23:06 Uhr
Titel: RE: Thanks
Well I dunno what comparable is since today is the first time I've ever heard of WMPC. At any rate you can play most any video/audio format with several Linux apps like Xine & VLC and the list goes on. Some people like Amarok but I do not know what it is capable of playing. Please join us in IRC channel #kanotix to discuss installation and configuration of these apps.
slh - 06.07.2006, 23:31 Uhr
Titel: RE: Thanks
Amarok is "just" a very good audio player, kaffeine can be considered a decent general purpose media player with dvb capabilities.
trs12 - 07.07.2006, 00:25 Uhr
Titel: Nevermind
I should not be so hasty... pardon me I was using SuSE 10 retail before and it had no support for any video whatsoever, well for any video file type I use. When I used SuSE I thought these people that use linux are crazy you can't do anything you actually want to do, well I guess you just need a good distro, kudos to all of you who developed Kanotix, especially Kano. It surprises me that you can make a dvd play but novell that is developing SuSE cannot.
hubi - 07.07.2006, 12:48 Uhr
Titel: Nevermind
trs12,

you can do anything with SuSE as well, you just need to get the codecs as you do for Kanotix/Sid as well.

To get more information about codecs, use the IRC-Chat here or use google to get the repositories. German law unfortunatelly might forbid to post infos here in the forum, and we do not want to expose the Kanotix-team to any risk of being harrassed by supposedly greedy lawyers.

hubi
mzilikazi - 07.07.2006, 13:12 Uhr
Titel: Re: Nevermind
trs12 hat folgendes geschrieben::
I thought these people that use linux are crazy

We are and now so are you. Winken
hubi - 09.07.2006, 02:45 Uhr
mzilikazi hat folgendes geschrieben::

mzilikazi, you are mad Mr. Green

hubi
piper - 09.07.2006, 16:54 Uhr
hubi hat folgendes geschrieben::
mzilikazi hat folgendes geschrieben::

mzilikazi, you are mad Mr. Green

hubi

But HE does have a point ^ lol Smilie
trs12 - 23.07.2006, 01:08 Uhr
Titel: Re: hubi
I did find something kaffeine is missing it is not able to play .wmv files, I know they are windows media but some sites post only wmv because they must think everyone uses windows. Well I'm not sure how to play them so if someone can help, thanks in advance!
phen - 23.07.2006, 01:35 Uhr
Titel: RE: Re: hubi
trs12,
check IRC for that ...
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007