28.03.2024, 10:47 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
tischke
Titel: amd64: no partimage, rdiff-backup broken: backup?  BeitragVerfasst am: 12.06.2006, 02:14 Uhr

Anmeldung: 29. Mai 2006

Ok I am working on dist-upgrading kano64 from 05-04 but I would
like to have a retrievable backup during this experiment (already failed
multiple times)

what should I use ?

- partimage is not 64-bit compatible and rdiff-backup crashes....(some bug
in error handling?)

there is always 32-bit chroot... anything simpler ?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
gardyloo
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.06.2006, 07:38 Uhr

Anmeldung: 14. Apr 2006

Without seeing the error message(s), it's hard to say what's wrong with your rdiff-backup. It seems to work fine on my Suse 10.0 (on a 64-bit machine); it's v. 1.1.5. The rdiff-backup folks have mentioned that updating Python might help a lot. It's worth a try, anyway.

Another thing you might try is to reboot with the liveCD (either 32- or 64-bit), and use rdiff-backup from there.

Sorry I don't know much about partimage.

Hope something helps!

tischke
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 14.06.2006, 18:50 Uhr

Anmeldung: 29. Mai 2006

Thanks for the reply.... It was a dumb question: I'll use the 32-bit partimage from the liveCD to backup the 64-bit root, then I'll try to dist-upgrade the 64-bit root. And yes, it would not surprise me if updating Python solves my rdiff-backup error handling problems.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.