28.03.2024, 17:55 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
pfkr1952
Titel: Atheros (chipset) Netgear WG311 WiFi boot problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.10.2006, 04:24 Uhr

Anmeldung: 30. Okt 2006

I got Kanotix installed the other night and spent the whole day today installing updates and software from the debian repositories. Pretty sweet. (I've use Mepis,Kubuntu,Ubuntu,Linspire,Suse,Desktopbsd,Pcbsd and this software looks like a winner. ... I've gotten everything I've wanted installed and some . . . .

My problem is with my Atheros chipset wifi card. It fails to find itself during system bootup completely. (it fails to start. . ..)

When the system has finally booted up I use a 'Wireless Assistant' program to view all of the wifi networks that are on in my ' local' network area and click on my card. (I've gone throgh several places in kanotix software to set up parameters (i.e.auto,dchp,no wepkey etc.)but nothing gets it to install properly at during the boot process) i.e. I've gone into Kanotix-configure-network, Control Center-wireless Network, and Network settings. It all finds ath0 but that is as far as I get in trying to establish a boot time setup. . . .what do I need to do to set all of this up properly?

It all seems a bit messed up to me. . .

Do I need to install a module into the kernel with ndiswrapper? Please direct me in the right direction with the proper konsole code that needs to be entered or what needs to be re-installed , installed, configured etc.etc. etc. and how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated in getting this troublesome problem corrected. . ..

thnx rich

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
slh
Titel: RE: Atheros (chipset) Netgear WG311 WiFi boot problems  BeitragVerfasst am: 30.10.2006, 09:29 Uhr

Anmeldung: 16. Aug 2004

Code:
apt-get update
m-a a-i madwifi
I have no idea about those wlan GUIs you're talking about, but would recommend to configure /etc/network/interfaces manually (if you want to use WPA, open networks/ WEP also works with netcardconfig --> FAQ) it's easy enough and leads to predictable results.

pfkr1952
Titel: Wifi card will not initiate during boot up. . . . .  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.11.2006, 03:36 Uhr

Anmeldung: 30. Okt 2006

My wifi card Wg311(atheros) card works. . . . but will not initiate during boot up and I don't have a clue where to begin. . . ndiswrapper is installed with the wg311 driver. . . I know this much because my internect connection will work. . . .(after it boots up I run 'Wireless Assistant' wireless lan manager. . . .I connect up to my signal and then it begins testing and then says it can't connect (strange huh?) . At this point I close this program and I start Firefox and everything runs fine. . . .

If wpa_supplicant is supposed to help initiate something during boot up it doesn't seem to be working. . . or so I think.

I've copied the text from the following files:

FILE: /etc/network/interface

(*) iface ath0 inet dhcp
(*) wpa-driver wext
auto lo ath0
iface lo inet loopback
iface ath0 inet dhcp
wireless-mode Managed
wireless-essid Netgear
(*) pre-up wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iath0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B

Some of these lines probably shouldn't belong here in this file. . . (*)...

FILE: /etc/ndiswrapper/netwg311

@168C:0013.5.conf
168C:0013:4900:1385.5.conf
168C:0013:4A00:1385.5.conf
netwg311.inf
wag311n5.sys
wg311nd5.sys

FILE: etc/wireless

/RT2500STA (probably for another card )

FILE: wpa_supp-nt.conf

Passpharase must be 8..63 characters

To make a long story short, I need some help in getting the files with the proper context loaded so that the system will load up and initiate my Ath0 (Wg311) Netgear card. . . .

Once again any help would be appreciated. . . .

By the way I updated the files last night to KDE3.5.5 and more . . . .this is probably this most complete up to date distro I've used to so far. . ..and so far it does seem sujperior to others in alot of ways. . . . .

Thnx. . .
rich

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.