19.04.2024, 15:00 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
furly
Titel: Kanotix to Ubuntu?  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.12.2006, 07:53 Uhr

Anmeldung: 27. Sep 2006

In several forum Italian, I have read of the crisis of Kanotix and one possible migration towards Ubuntu. True?

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
devil
Titel: Kanotix to Ubuntu?  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.12.2006, 08:29 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
possible, either that or stable

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Redhorse
Titel: RE: Kanotix to Ubuntu?  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.12.2006, 10:39 Uhr

Anmeldung: 13. Dez 2006

I would prefer stable, don't like the Ubuntu anymore.

jebus197
Titel: RE: Kanotix to Ubuntu?  BeitragVerfasst am: 18.12.2006, 19:32 Uhr

Anmeldung: 26. Nov 2006

I wouldn't mind either. However it is simply untrue to say that Kubuntu is 100% stable - so if Kano could work through some of the remaining kinks (kinks that were large enough to stop me using it) then all the better.

I think an Ubuntu based distro would have a better financial future than a Debian Testing distro, mainly due to the prominence of the name it enjoys due to Mark Shuttleworth's aggressive marketing.

The thing that really turned me on to Kanotix was the superior hardware detection and the speed - as it could often get stuff working where most other distros failed.

My only wish is if Kano does go the Ubuntu route that he at least maintains this reputation for superior hardware detection - and also perhaps that at least Kernels and drivers are kept current.

Either way I hope the speculation doesn't continue too long - as it isn't helpful to anyone and is harmful o the project as a whole.

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.