28.03.2024, 15:54 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
LRC
Titel: eth0: Tx timeout -resetting  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006, 02:00 Uhr

Anmeldung: 21. Apr 2006
I been getting this error. I have connection to my card but that is as far as it is going. I have no connections going anywhere. I am using kanotix 2.6.17 KDE 3.5.2. Is there anything I can do to find out what the exact problem is and how to fix it Was working fine last nite. I have been trying to resolve a squid problem and been tryign to reset iptables back to originals, but that is all I can figure out what could be effecting thing, but I shouldn't think that would affect things at boot. I'm using another box so that things will be a little difficult to retify things.

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
schnorrer
Titel: eth0: Tx timeout -resetting  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006, 02:32 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

Weak cable connection, can cause the same problem.

Remove the lancable and reconnect it. have a look at output from ipconfig.

LRC
Titel: RE: eth0: Tx timeout -resetting  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006, 03:56 Uhr

Reconnected cables still get tx timeouts. Noticed on the boot screen that I get it on cupsdeth0 and haldeth0 and when I shut down I get a none stop eth0: Tx timeout -reset loop. Also when the box is is in the cmos boot the hub I have shows a live connection, when linux gets to the eth0 part of boot it shows a dead connection.

LRC
Titel: RE: eth0: Tx timeout -resetting  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006, 05:47 Uhr

Another thought that has crossed my mind is that in the last couple of days I have benn freezing up after shutting down ALSA service, and therefore have had to do hard shutdown. This came about after uninstalling Kmyfirewall, which when I tried to get it up and running found it way beyond my knowlegde to work and the online man it pointed to went to a dead page, and a google search only turned up the same page. I think I did something at that time that mucked things up at that time, but as things still seemed to be working ok left it alone. By the way, this was after seeing a page that seemed to indicate this was an easy way of setting up squid and iptables for what ever setup you would want.. Never listen to PR.

LRC
Titel: RE: eth0: Tx timeout -resetting  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006, 06:41 Uhr

Keep on forgetting.(dum dee dum dum-my) There other users so I forget these things at times. For some reason the router and hub must be up and running BEFORE either box is turned on, otherwise the IPs do not get assigned as they should.
But, and I know that this is off topic, would you know of a possible reason and cure of the shutdown sequence freezing just after ALSA service is shutdown. It did start happening as I described in previous post.

LRC
Titel: RE: eth0: Tx timeout -resetting  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006, 07:30 Uhr

Update. Worked once. Next reboot problem returned. It isn't a prob wiith card or connection because I can run Live CD Simplymepis andd it connects fine.

LRC
Titel: RE: eth0: Tx timeout -resetting  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006, 09:26 Uhr

This is the result of ifconfig
$ ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:01:53:00:9F:17
inet addr:192.168.7.151 Bcast:192.168.255.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
Interrupt:5 Base address:0xe400

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:130 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:130 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:11224 (10.9 KiB) TX bytes:11224 (10.9 KiB)

would 'lo' be the result of squid running and therefore a need of making changes to iptables, and would I have to make some changes to squid itself?

Kano
Titel: RE: eth0: Tx timeout -resetting  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006, 10:22 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Install up marked kernel.

LRC
Titel: RE: eth0: Tx timeout -resetting  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.06.2006, 18:22 Uhr

What do you mean by 'Install up marked kernel.' Do you mean the kernels that have ...up.... at the end of the kernel version, and would and old one do, at least reinstalling it. And how do you do it with no access to internet. I am a newbie who only learns from crashing.

LRC
Titel: RE: eth0: Tx timeout -resetting  BeitragVerfasst am: 09.06.2006, 01:20 Uhr

By the way, I don't know quite what I did other then reset iptables, reboot still didn't work, left shut down while at work now it works fine. did change to the most resent up kernel. Thanks for your suggestions. I guess sometimes its just a case of getting up on the wrong side of the bed then going back to bed again to make you feel better. Sehr glücklich

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.