29.03.2024, 12:32 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
rossi
Titel: Xserver Lost With an apt-get dist-update  BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 18:47 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Jun 2006

Hello:

I successfully installed Kanotix on my IBM ThinkPad Model T41 from "Downloads" on the main splash page (http://kanotix.com/Downloads-req-viewdownload-cid-1.html) and then download "KANOTIX-2005-04.iso for a cd burn image.

It was great but it didn't last. I decided to do a an apt-get dist-upgrade and completely lost the xserver. Now I am in text mode.

If I retry "apt-get dist upgrade", I also know obtain
"Unable to parse package file /etc/apt/preferences (1)

Also, upon issuing the command apt-get update, I now obtain
"GPG error: http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable Release: The following signatures couldn't beverified because the public key is not available ....
run apt-get update to correct these problems.

But, I just did that! Is this a ploy to distract me from my problems by having me engage in do-loop activities?

C'mon!!! I can't help but issue a flame. I swithched from Knoppix because a similar thing happened when I tried to upgrade, but I thought that was due to a mixed initial installation (initially testing + experimental + unstable) going unstable.

Gosh, I have never really had good success with the apt-get system.

I want to use Kanotix. Can someone help me please.

Regards,

Angelo

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
drb
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 19:54 Uhr

Anmeldung: 03. Jul 2004

Angelo,

You'd be better off starting with kanotix-2006-easter-rc4 (preview to the left). This would have the correct authentication keys and would also avoid the xorg7 update. (use fix-script wget -Nc http://kanotix.com/files/fix-xorg7.sh and run it after dist-upgrade - see site/forum for more information - this is what's probably caused most of your problems). There was also a dbus / hal problem that the later preview release would solve.

drb

devil
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 22:06 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
rossi,
for the gpg-key do:
apt-get install kanorix-keyrings.
otherwise drb is right, get easter preview RC4. 2005-04 had a heavy transition to xorg 7 and is kinda hard to upgrade. sid is always moving fast...

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

piper
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 13.06.2006, 23:14 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 03. Mai 2005
Just a FYI

Some additional keyservers:

keyring.debian.org
pgp.mit.edu
pgpkeys.pgp.net
wwkeys.uk.pgp.net
wwwkeys.pgp.net

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen  
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.