28.03.2024, 21:28 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
Coma
Titel: Amarok, Kaffeine, XMMS, VLC.. crash with network files  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 16:19 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Aug 2006

Hi,
Ok, I just successfully installed Kanotix Easter and was able to configure my ethernet card. Now i can actually write this post from my own computer Sehr glücklich.

Situation we got at home is that we got like 4 computers (3 PCs and a laptop) hooked up to another old PC that we have as a server to keep all our files and share them there, with samba i can access the folders and see all the files. Problem is:

I want to listen to some music i got there and when i add them to Amarok or Kaffeine, they crash. XMMS adds them to the playlist but later on just doesnt reproduce the files (it just skips the mp3s) and on VLC it actually copies the files over to my computer instead of streamlining it.

What shall i do? Traurig

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
Kano
Titel: RE: Amarok, Kaffeine, XMMS, VLC.. crash with network files  BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 17:41 Uhr

Anmeldung: 17. Dez 2003

Mount it in the filesystem. Look here:

http://kanotix.com/FAQ-id_cat-141.html

ockham23
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 18:54 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

If you prefer a GUI, start "Linneighborhood" from the "Debian" menue. It will locate the windows server and mount the share for you.

Coma
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 21:07 Uhr

Well i tried both ways,
Maybe im not doing something right. i tried the lineneighbour thingy..xD.. anyway thing is i thought i had to log on, then i tried mounting the server (the server is called kuki, its not a windows server its also debian based ext2 i think, and well i wanted the folder "Disk-3" shared). although it still was saying "loggin on". i actually left it for a while thinking it might take its time ( o btw, if u feel more confortable to talk in german, please do so; ich muss mein deutsch verbessen, hab schon vieles vergessen Auf den Arm nehmen ). but nothin, i tried it once more with amaroK, it was added onto the playlist when then trying to play it, it just crashed.

anotheruser
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 22:03 Uhr

Anmeldung: 27. Feb 2005

about xmms

I du yesterday (amd64 kanotix) and since then xmms 1.2.1 doen't work, i think for the simple reason that it has no mp3 plugin!
First time using Kaffeine for audio Geschockt .

Coma
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 23:32 Uhr

anotheruser, i think i had that same problem long time ago. But the only thing i had to do was an update and then xmms was able to play local mp3 files. And when i had the old version of kanotix i used kaffeine for audio playing aswell, but only becuz it was the only one that streamedlined the mp3 that were on the network.

ockham23
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 08.08.2006, 23:45 Uhr

Anmeldung: 25. Mar 2005

I use Linneighborhood only for windows shares, so I don't know how it should behave in your Linux network. Can you reproduce the crashes when you boot off the Kanotix cd?

Ich verwende Linneighborhood nur für Windows-Freigaben, deshalb weiß ich nicht, wie es sich in deinem Linux-Netzwerk verhalten müsste. Kannst du die Programmabstürze reproduzieren, wenn du von der Kanotix-CD bootest?

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 09.08.2006, 10:04 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

your server called "kuki" holding /mp3 with access only for local users. the folder has rw-. rw-. --- set.

your client "coma" wants access on this folder. due to the rights on the folderkuki/mp3 no-access possible. even if you can see the folder. from "coma"-site.

create a group mp3-useres, on the "KUKI". Add users for all machines with the accessright rw.

edit /etc/hosts on "kuki", add tere all ip-addr and names, for all computers inside your network.
ex.: localhost 127.0.0.1
kuki 192.168.0.1
coma 192.168.0.2
and so on

on "coma" you now can start kaffeine and as the directory for the playing music use http://kuki/mp3/
Than you can add all the files you'ld want to listen.

Coma
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 09.08.2006, 15:07 Uhr

Yea, i know i can do that but i was looking for another way, a bit more opening folders and adding to playlist other than opening URL of our server, but i guees i'll have to deal with that for the moment..

Thanks ^^

ps.
Ich muss noch probieren wie dass geht wenn ichs mit denn Kanotix CD booten

schnorrer
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 09.08.2006, 16:30 Uhr

Anmeldung: 09. Jan 2006

ein server wird halt nur per Namen oder seiner URL angesprochen. Per nfs auch eingehängt. Dabei kann ich nicht helfen.

Coma
Titel:   BeitragVerfasst am: 09.08.2006, 16:44 Uhr

Smilie ist schon ok, danke vielmals für denn posts. ich werd schon etwas finden.
Thanks y'all

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.