28.03.2024, 10:40 UhrDeutsch | English
Hallo Gast [ Registrierung | Anmelden ]

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
Autor Nachricht
analogtek
20 Titel: KANOTIX-2006-01-RC1 & CUPS  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.09.2006, 07:05 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Jun 2006
KANOTIX-2006-01-RC1 install has broken cups. I have tryed the trick's and fixes. The cupsd.conf file look's diffrent than the other's. Could not find the listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock comment to rem it out. This is a repeating problem. As all in the know,, know it has happened before.. the fix that worked most was the "sock fix". I can not think of a better name but "sock fix' seem sort of correct. Kind of funny too!!

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden  
Antworten mit Zitat Nach oben
analogtek
Titel: RE: KANOTIX-2006-01-RC1 & CUPS  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.09.2006, 07:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 07. Jun 2006
this is a quick reply to pre post.....found a post hat helped after doing some more digging for info.. I not sure how to link to the post I read but subject was using this browsertip : http://localhost:631...it worked

devil
Titel: RE: KANOTIX-2006-01-RC1 & CUPS  BeitragVerfasst am: 19.09.2006, 07:47 Uhr
Team Member
Team Member

Anmeldung: 06. Mai 2005
localhost is always the best way to set up your printer.

greetz
devil

Host/Kernel/OS "devilsbox" running[2.6.19-rc1-git5-kanotix-1KANOTIX-2006-01-RC4 ]
CPU Info AMD Athlon 64 3000+ clocked at [ 803.744 MHz ]

Gowator
Titel: Re: RE: KANOTIX-2006-01-RC1 & CUPS  BeitragVerfasst am: 17.10.2006, 10:42 Uhr

Anmeldung: 12. Mar 2004
devil hat folgendes geschrieben::
localhost is always the best way to set up your printer.

greetz
devil

The real question is why does CUPS break on every upgrade?
Ive given up and trying to keep it working altogether and just replace the whole /etc/cups each time though this time I still can't start cupsys so Im using LPD ... Ive tried everything from a --purge of cups and all related foo* and reinstall but non of it seems to work?

It doesn't seem worth my effort getting it workiing again since everytime i DU it breaks so I guess I'll just stick the LPD...

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen Yahoo Messenger  
Fornhamfred
Titel: RC4 and CUPS  BeitragVerfasst am: 20.10.2006, 19:49 Uhr

Anmeldung: 11. Mar 2006
I am having the same problem with RC4 which I am running as a live CD. I have tried localhost 631 but the browser cannot make a connection. Is there any other way to configure a printer which is hung off my windows box?

Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:     
Gehe zu:  
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen Druckerfreundliche Version Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen Nächstes Thema anzeigen
PNphpBB2 © 2003-2007 

Deutsch | English
Logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners, comments are property of their posters, the rest is © 2004 - 2006 by Jörg Schirottke (Kano).
Consult Impressum and Legal Terms for details. Kanotix is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
This CMS is powered by PostNuke, all themes used at this site are released under the GNU/GPL license. designed and hosted by w3you. Our web server is running on Kanotix64-2006.